Based in Iowa, EAIS is a nonprofit organization promoting energy budget savings, energy management and sustainable energy by:
- Serving as an unbiased, trusted source of information on energy issues specifically related to schools
- Saving schools money by leveraging grants, rebates, connections and other resources
- Supporting local goals and needs through school E(nergy)-visits and E-coaching
- Coordinating convenient building operator/school energy team learning sessions
EAIS provides the following results to Iowa’s schools, taxpayers and tuition payers, and utilities:
1) Implementing energy management improvements that make sense, E-members (schools) will reduce kilowatt hours and therms consumed, which will save general fund dollars. Dollars saved can literally save a teaching position or purchase an entire lab of computers, contributing positively to the overall educational experience of Iowa’s students.
2) Iowa’s taxpayers and/or tuition payers will save money on the energy needed to run their facilities, giving them the opportunity to have their dollars implemented more efficiently.
3) E-members will enjoy economies of scale by jointly participating in EAIS instead of paying separately for all of their own basic energy services, training and information. Membership dues will likely pay for themselves as a result of knowledge gained and savings generated.
4) E-members will have a sense of energy efficiency ownership as a result of paying reasonable association membership dues and providing needs assessment information with Five-Year Energy Management Plans to guide future EAIS services.