Do you know a college student in central Iowa who wants a green collar career and is looking for a paid part-time internship that could turn into a permanent position? EAIS wants that person to be our new Energy Efficiency Assistant!
Internship description: Provide support services that save schools energy budget dollars, educate stakeholders on energy issues related to schools, and support local goals and needs through energy visits and coaching. The base location for this opportunity is Des Moines, IA. All majors/backgrounds with an interest will be considered. $8/hr.
- Strong organizational skills, good communicator, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to pull together and present energy educational information in an interesting and effective way
- Aptitude for understanding mechanical and electrical buildings systems, including HVAC technologies
- Ability to work both independently and with supervision
- Ability to use Excel and Microsoft Office software
- Current driver’s license required
Specific position responsibilities:
- Provide organizational support for energy audits and district-wide energy assessments for new EAIS member schools
- Provide member communications support with blog postings, project highlight articles, e-newsletters, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of statewide regional facility operator energy efficiency trainings
- Draft grants for member schools as applicable and available
- Track EAIS services and assist with member service reports
Interested applicants should contact EAIS executive director, Julie Weisshaar, for application process details. Deadline for applications is September 1, 2013 and hiring date will be ASAP.