EAIS is making a difference for its Iowa school members! Check out 2015 by the numbers:
- Energy improvements made with knowledge and support from EAIS saved members an estimated 364,990 kWhs of electricity and 15,032 therms of natural gas.
- These energy improvements will save 14 Iowa school districts and their taxpayers an estimated $57,478 on their energy bills each year.
- 53% made improvements in Heating, Ventilation and/or Air Conditioning Systems
- 32% made improvements in Outdoor Lighting.
- 58% made improvements in Indoor Lighting.
- 42% made improvements in Insulation, Windows/Doors, Plug Load and Controllers.
- 100% of survey respondents believe there is value in having EAIS as (their) utility “key account manager”/connection to answer energy questions.
- 100% of survey respondents believe there is value in having EAIS, who understands the different energy needs and budgets of education, as the energy champion for rural schools in Iowa.
- 96% survey participation rate (22 of 23 members; 6 new were not members at the time of survey improvements).
Source: 2015 EAIS Member Energy Improvement Survey
Join us in 2016 by contacting Julie at EAIS for membership information!