With valuable unbiased information, building-specific energy coaching, facilities manager professional development, and helpful connections, EAIS and member schools collaborate to:
- Identify priority energy conservation projects that improve school buildings, reduce electricity/kilowatt hour usage and natural gas/therm usage, and save General Fund dollars.
- Benefit from economies of scale and sharing professional services. There is no need to pay individually for basic energy services, training and information.
- Regionally offer energy team and facility operator training to save out-of-district time and mileage.
- Pay attention for new rebate, program and grant opportunities.
- Enable school budget dollars to refocus on student learning.
- Please note: EAIS does not sell any equipment or products.
Sampling of Supports and Accomplishments. EAIS has:
- Written and received grants for 11 member schools. Matching state lighting grants ranged from $2,707 to $16,500. Resulting energy improvements will save each improved building up to $2,721 annually in electric costs.
- Enabled $162,529 to be contributed to the Iowa economy through the above lighting projects.
- Saved Iowa schools and taxpayers $79,616 in up- front project costs with grants.
- Provided coaching on topics such as HVAC, lighting, insulation, wind turbines, and more.
- Facilitated energy-related, regional facilities manager workshops that resulted in 100% of participants agreeing the overall benefit of knowledge gained was between “satisfactory” and “excellent.”